Friday, November 15, 2013

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know . . .Behold, I will bring health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth. Jeremiah 33:3-6

I am truly healed at this point in my life, because I have peace that my life, no matter what happens to my body, is in my Creator's hands! As scripture after scripture has been reveled to me, as I have prayed God’s will for my life, I have found in God’s Word the strength and comfort that has met the needs of my deepest longings.

Great peace have those who love Your law,
And NOTHING causes them to stumble. Psalm 119:165

Several years ago when I was first starting my BSN program at the University of Tennessee here in Chattanooga, I was blessed to be put in a small group with Carrie because both our last names started with J. It was such a God thing because she has been a huge inspiration to me through the years with her devotion to studying the Bible. Since then, she has reconnected me with Vickie, my friend from years ago whom I actually first met when I worked at Erlanger in the NICU shortly after Jessica was born. I was also privileged to continue working with Vickie when we both changed jobs and went to Hutcheson. The evening before my lab tests, I was deeply blessed when I got together with Vickie, Carrie and a small group to really pray for God’s leading and guidance as I make these important decisions in my life.

Yesterday while I was waiting for my lab results, I was thrilled to be able to have lunch with a group of very special woman from my Northside family. I am just SO amazed at the outpouring of love, prayer and support that God has blessed me with.

Last night after picking up my beloved Jessica and Wes from the airport, I received a call with the results from my labs. One of my liver enzymes was slightly elevated, and the other one had dropped significantly. I immediately felt peace that my holistic efforts are definitely paying off, but I will restart chemo on Monday. The nurse from my oncologist’s office assured me that the chemo my doctor wants me to start is not as intense as the ones I have already taken. She also assured me that since I did so well with chemo before, she is sure I will handle this even better. I just felt such a sense of peace that this is the path I need to take.

Thank you SO much for all the prayers, love and support—I just feel SO blessed to be the recipient of such love!  

Looking forward to this evening and the miracle of the celebration of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment